ROTC LEADERSHIP AWARD
Description: This award consists of a medal pendant with ribbon, a separate ribbon bar and a folder with a certificate.
Purpose: The Military Order of the Purple Heart Award recognizes demonstrated leadership ability in a cadet/midshipman enrolled in an ROTC/JROTC program in a High School, College, University or Trade School.
Eligibility Requirements: Each cadet/midshipman must:
- Be an Underclassman (Seniors ARE NOT eligible);
- Have a positive attitude toward ROTC/JROTC and country; Hold a leadership position in the cadet corps;
- Be active in school and community affairs;
- Attain a grade of “B” or better in all subjects for the previous semester; and
- Not been a previous recipient of this award.
Presentation and Publicity:
The award is presented annually at an appropriate ceremony. Presentation of the award by a MOPH Member is preferred. A local MOPH presenter may be found by utilizing the Chapter Search function of this website and typing in your zip code to find a local MOPH Chapter.