ROTC Leadership Award
Description: This award consists of a medal pendant with ribbon, a separate ribbon bar and a folder with a certificate.
Purpose: The Military Order of the Purple Heart Award recognizes demonstrated leadership ability in a cadet/midshipman enrolled in an ROTC/JROTC program in a High School, College, University or Trade School.
Eligibility Requirements: Each cadet/midshipman must:
- -Be an Underclassman (Seniors ARE NOT eligible);
- -Have a positive attitude toward ROTC/JROTC and country;
- -Hold a leadership position in the cadet corps;
- -Be active in school and community affairs;
- -Attain a grade of “B” or better in all subjects for the previous semester; and
- -Not been a previous recipient of this award.
(1) High School, College, University or Trade School
The Commander of the Unit selects the recipient annually. The Commander may request the award by filling out and submitting the ROTC LEADERSHIP AWARD ONLINE ORDER FORM to the Military Order of the Purple Heart at least two months prior to the presentation date. The recipient’s name is printed on the citation by the school.
(2) MOPH Chapter
Individual MOPH Members or Chapters may order the award for specific schools by forwarding a written request to include school name and address, ROTC contact name and phone number, and ceremony date (if known) to MOPH Headquarters: 5413-B Backlick Road, Springfield, VA 22151 or by FAX: (703) 642-2054, or by e-mail: ROTC@Purpleheart.org.
Presentation and Publicity:
- The award is presented annually at an appropriate ceremony. Presentation of the award by a MOPH Member is preferred. A local MOPH presenter may be found by utilizing the Chapter Search function of this website and typing in your zip code to find a local MOPH Chapter.