Purple Heart Recipient – Click above if your ready to join the Brotherhood and Sisterhood of Purple today. Read the requirements below.
Are you a lineal relative of a Purple Heart Medal Recipient? If so, you qualify for an Associate Membership in the Military Order of the Purple Heart. You can work side by side with the members to assist veterans and their families just click above.
Purple Heart Recipient Membership Application
All persons of good moral character who are awarded the Purple Heart Medal by the Government of the United States AND are Active Duty or have Honorable or General discharge are eligible for active membership in the Military Order of the Purple Heart of the U.S.A.
Please note that the MOPH does not have posthumous memberships. Only living Purple Heart Recipients are eligible for membership.
To download or print an application form, please click on the button.
Associate Member Application
Associate Membership is available to a parent, spouse, sibling, lineal or adopted descendant (child, grandchild or great-grandchild) of either a living or deceased Purple Heart recipient, evidence of the award of the Purple Heart and the relationship must be submitted with the application. If the Purple Heart Recipient is living, the recipient must be a member in-good-standing and he/she must sign the application to acknowledge the relationship and consent for the membership. There is no online application for Associate Membership. To download or print an application form, please on the button.
Purple Heart Online Membership Application Process
There are four easy steps to our online membership process. Please have a digital copy of your documentation ready to submit via email. Please allow 8-12 weeks for complete processing and delivery of your welcome package.
Step 1: Complete a Membership Application Online (and submit Life Member Application Fees)
- Complete the membership registration, ensuring all required information is provided.
- Select a chapter closest to your residence or one will be assigned automatically.
- Pay one-time Life Member Application Fees of $50.00.
- Fees Submitted with Applications for Membership are NON-REFUNDABLE
Step 2: Submit Proof of Purple Heart Award and Honorable Service
An email will be sent once the application is received. Please respond to the email attaching the required document/s. A copy of the documentation submitted will be retained on file for future reference.
- Veteran Applicant
- DD214 Member-4 or Service-2 with Purple Heart Award AND Honorable or General discharge
- if necessary, DD215 (if Purple Heart Award, Honorable or General discharge is not on DD214)
- Recommend: Purple Heart Award Orders Plus Purple Heart Certificate
- Active Duty Applicant, provide PCS Orders and the documents listed below.
- Purple Heart Award Orders plus Purple Heart Certificate
- Make sure all documents are UNALTERED, COMPLETE and LEGIBLE
Step 3: Eligibility Review Process by the National Adjutant
- If documentation MEETS eligibility requirements, the application will be processed for membership and you will receive a notification email welcoming you to the MOPH.
- If documentation DOES NOT MEET eligibility requirements, notification will be sent with reason/s for disapproval and steps needed if any to resubmit documentation.
Step 4: Notification of Membership
- Your membership will be activated and you will be notified by email of your membership number and chapter assignment.
- A new member packet with your permanent membership card, membership certificate, and additional information on MOPH will follow this initial notification.
- Please allow 8-12 weeks for processing and delivery
A copy of your documentation will be retained on file for future reference. All applications are subject to verification with the National Personnel Records Center.
All information and requirements are subject to change without notice. If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact us at:
Mail: MOPH Headquarters, Membership Department, 5413-B Backlick Road, Springfield, VA 22151-3960
Phone: 703-642-5360 x109,128 or 106; Fax: 703-642-1841