This award consists of a medal pendant with ribbon, a seperate ribbon bar and a folder with certificate.
The Military Order of the Purple Heart Award recognizes
demonstrated leadership ability in a cadet/midshipman enrolled in a ROTC/JROTC program
in a High School, College, University or Trade School.
Each cadet/midshipman must:
- -Be an Underclassman (Seniors ARE NOT eligible);
- -Have a positive attitude toward ROTC/JROTC and country;
- -Hold a leadership position in the cadet corps;
- -Be active in school and community affairs;
- -Attain a grade of “B” or better in all subjects for the previous semester; and
- -Not been a previous recipient of this award.
High School, College, University or Trade School
- -The Commander of the Unit selects the recipient annually.
- -The Commander may request the award by filling out and submitting the
LEADERSHIP AWARD ONLINE ORDER FORM
- to the Military Order of the Purple
Heart at least two months prior to the presentation date.
- -The recipient's name is printed on the citation by the school.
- Individual MOPH Members or Chapters may order the award for specific schools by forwarding
a written request to include school name and address, ROTC contact name and phone number, and
ceremony date (if known) to MOPH Headquarters: 5413-B Backlick Road, Springfield, VA 22151 or
by FAX: (703) 642-2054, or by e-mail:
Presentation and Publicity:
- The award is presented annually at an appropriate ceremony. Presentation of the
award by a MOPH Member is preferred. A local MOPH presenter may be found by utilizing
the Chapter Search function
of this website and typing in your zip code to find a local MOPH Chapter.